We provide useful and diverse information for overseas expansion.

미래전략 연구소2020-04-27T17:52:49+09:00

Hong Kong 2020 Reporting payments to non-incorporated local service providers

2020-06-26 13:32
As a business, you may have engaged the service of local persons who are not your employees, such as
• sub-contractors
• consultants
• agents
• brokers
• freelance artists/entertainers/sportsmen/writers/freelance guide.

You have to file IR6036B and IR56M to report your payments if they are non-incorporated service providers.

Target recipient

You have to report if the service provider is an individual, a sole proprietorship business and a partnership business.

Threshold of reporting

To be cost-effective, you should report if the amount of payment to
• a sub-contractor exceeds $200,000 per annum; or
• a consultant, agent, broker, freelance artist, entertainer, sportsman, writer or freelance guide, etc. exceeds $25,000 per annum.

Reporting period

You should report amounts according to the year of assessment, namely, from 1 April to 31 March of the following year.

Further reference can be obtained at https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/pdf/ir6036c_e.pdf.

Source: Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department